What Aristotle's got to do with it.
How the technique of free association works.
What is cathartic and the science behind it.
About Receptive Listening.
What it means for the therapist.
What it means for the client.
How it cures and the science behind it.
Why It works with difficult People.
Learn how Contact Function-Object Oriented Questions-Emotional Maturation- Transference and Countertransference are most effective in working with problematic and difficult people. This didactic and experiential workshop will establish a foundation for attendees to learn the compelling effects of Receptive
Listening. If you work with difficult or challenging people whether clients, employers, employees, colleagues, friends or family, receptive listening can prepare you emotionally and cognitively to respond in an essential manner. Putting thoughts and feelings into language instead of acting out (or not acting) is the cure for emotional disturbance and the springboard for motivating people to change.
To register for this program, complete and submit both this form and your fee of $50, or student rate of $25.
Four contact hours.
● Saturday, October 14th, 2017 Talking and Receptive Listening
● Saturday Oct 28th, 2017 Formulating Effective Leadership Skills and Techniques
● Saturday November 18th, 2017 Fostering Effective Leadership Skills and Techniques
● Saturday December 2nd, 2017 Why Group?
● Saturday January 20th, 2018 Couples as a Group
● Saturday February 24th, 2018 The Language of Flowers: Issues in Foster Care
● Saturday March 24th, 2018 Working With Resistant Older Adults